Eat-Your-Heart-Out 3 Ingredient Banana Soft Serve!
A number of years ago I was at a trade show and impulsively purchased a Yonanez machine. Using this contraption I quickly discovered that pulverizing frozen bananas would create a delectable dreamy soft serve 'ice cream'. The contraption was albeit easy to use, but super loud and annoying to clean. I used it for a time, but eventually it started to collect dust. In one of my many house purges I got rid of it, having heard that I could achieve the same results in a simple blender – and it’s true!
This super simple snack is so easy it almost seems silly to call it a recipe. It is also so easy that I am sure I am not the first person to do this, so I doubt I can take credit for it. But it is delicious and healthy, so I am sharing it!
I am an ice cream addict, so this smooth soft serve is my healthy alternative when I am in the mood for something sweet and cold in the summertime (which is always!).
This recipe is paleo, vegan, gluten-free, guilt-free and amazing! - I hope you enjoy this is as much as I do!
The most important thing before starting is to know that this is not a science. You really can’t screw this up with changes or additions, so have fun and mix things up to make it your own.
What you need (1 serving)
-1 frozen banana
-1/8 - 1/4 cup water
-1/2 – 1 tsp. cocoa powder
Scoop of protein powder
1 tbsp. peanut/almond/sun butter
Dark chocolate chips
Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Break the banana into a few chunks and add to a blender with 1/8 cup of water.
- Start to pulverize the bananas. You may need to stop, scrape down the sides and add more water.
- Add cocoa powder to taste (obviously more cocoa means more chocolate flavour).
- Blend until smooth - the consistency should be thick and creamy.
- Add anything “extra” you like by either blending it in or sprinkling/drizzling on top.
- Serve up and enjoy!
This makes one small-medium size bowl. Double the batch for sharing!